Grandma Gert's Recipes

My grandmother's favorite recipes collected over her lifetime.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Lemon Pie

I remember sitting on a little step stool in the kitchen near the oven watching grandma mixing up and baking wonderful creations. I often marveled that while she worked and we talked that rarely did she pull out a recipe card. I remember asking her once and she said something like "Oh, it's a little of this and a little of that and you just know when it's right." And it always was. So I found this recipe card and had to smile because I imagine she wrote this down just as she thought about it - a little of this, a little of that - you'll know when it's right.

1 heaping cup of hot water
piece of butter about the size of a large walnut
2 egg yolk with a tiny bit of cold water
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. flour - big, but not heaping
juice of 1 lemon and grated rind

Put these all together in a double boiler and stir constantly till thickened. Pour in baked pie shell and top with meringue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter

Powered by Blogger


Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004