Grandma Gert's Recipes

My grandmother's favorite recipes collected over her lifetime.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Dutch Honey Cake

3 cups sifted flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup undiluted evaporated milk
1/2 cup milk

Sift flour with soda, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Stir in brown sugar. Combine honey with both milks; stir to blend. Add liquid mixture all at once and blend with flour mixture. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool before slicing.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I made this today and both my husband and I loved it! Thank you so much for sharing your grandmother's recipes!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter

Powered by Blogger


Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004