Grandma Gert's Recipes

My grandmother's favorite recipes collected over her lifetime.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Buckwheat Griddle Cakes

I remember many a morning being awakened to the aroma of buckwheat pancakes and sausage frying on the griddle. I've tried to duplicate the pancakes but they never seem to be a tasty as I remember - I guess it's missing that secret ingredient - a dose of grandma's love.

1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
2/3 cup flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
sweet milk to make thin batter
1 egg

Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Add enough sweet milk to make smooth thin batter. Add the well-beaten egg last. Bake on griddle that is greased very sparingly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter

Powered by Blogger


Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004