Grandma Gert's Recipes

My grandmother's favorite recipes collected over her lifetime.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Nut Bread "My Mothers"

2 cups flour
2 Tbsp. Baking Powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp salt
1 cup sweet milk

Stir this - then add 2 well beaten eggs, nuts, and raisins.

Unfortunately, a number of the recipes are along this line. Cooking and baking with older recipes, it was generally assumed that you would know at what temperature to bake things. The reason I added this recipe is that my grandmother had labelled the top of this recipe as "My Mothers," making this recipe my great-grandmothers. And well worth preserving. Another recipe for nut bread in the recipe box calls for a cup of nut meats and to bake in a moderate oven for about 45 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter

Powered by Blogger


Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004