Grandma Gert's Recipes

My grandmother's favorite recipes collected over her lifetime.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Grandma Gert's Recipes

Grandma loved to cook and bake. She collected recipes all her life and loved to try new ones, making notes as to what she liked or would change. Unfortunately, much of her collection was lost in the flood of 1972, when her basement area flooded. Her most prized recipes were upstairs though and that collection in itself constitutes several boxes worth! When grandma died this year of Alzheimer's, I inherited her wonderful recipes. Some of them are cryptic, although I'm sure she would say it's as clear as a bell what's meant. Many are on bits and scraps of paper. The major part of the collection, though, she copied onto recipe cards and filed neatly in her huge recipe box. So there are literally thousands of recipes and I thought the best way to honor the memory of my grandmother would be to post the recipes here for all to share.

I hope you enjoy as much as I will enjoy the trip down memory lane every day.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Such a beautiful sentiment - thank you for posting all these.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter

Powered by Blogger


Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004